5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 15 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 310 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- This is a good workout for rowing beginners.
- Spend 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing drills.
- Next, take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 5 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on good rowing technique.
- Keep the intensity at UT2 and the stroke rate no more than 22 strokes per minute.
- Finally, warm down with some easy rowing and some light rowing stretches afterward.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Set your feet height to the optimum position
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase
- Don't pull too hard with your arms
- Look at some rowing machine technique and drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Also take the time to warm up and cool down after each rowing workout, ensuring to stretch properly afterward.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
5 Minute Rowing Pyramid Workout
This 5 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout is great for beginners. If you are new to rowing and looking for an interesting workout check this out.
15 min | UT2/UT1 | 22 | 312View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
12 Minute Rowing Workout At Threshold
12 Minute Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. This rowing machine workout will help you learn how to row at a vigorous endurance pace while rating 24.
27 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 588View Workout
Total 27 min
Work 12 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout
This Easy 10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Follow the Technique and Intensity steps to get the most from this Workout.
20 min | UT2 | 21 | 420View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes
This 8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes will help you gain more control over rowing power to rate ratio. Learn how to change rate and power together.
23 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 484View Workout
Total 23 min
Work 8 min
Avg Rate 24 spm