5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 15 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 310 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- This is a good workout for rowing beginners.
- Spend 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing drills.
- Next, take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 5 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on good rowing technique.
- Keep the intensity at UT2 and the stroke rate no more than 22 strokes per minute.
- Finally, warm down with some easy rowing and some light rowing stretches afterward.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Set your feet height to the optimum position
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase
- Don't pull too hard with your arms
- Look at some rowing machine technique and drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Also take the time to warm up and cool down after each rowing workout, ensuring to stretch properly afterward.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
5 Minute Rowing Pyramid Workout
This 5 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout is great for beginners. If you are new to rowing and looking for an interesting workout check this out.
15 min | UT2/UT1 | 22 | 312View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout with 2 minutes rest. The intensity is UT1 or Anaerobic Threshold. This is a vigorous workout for Rowers new to intervals.
33 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 684View Workout
Total 33 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
3 x 5 Minute Rowing Machine Interval Workout
This 3 x 5 Minute Rowing Machine Interval Workout is a great way to improve your strength endurance and aerobic capacity. Drive your legs hard to get the most out of this workout.
50 min | AT | 24 | 890View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
24 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
This 24 Minute Interval Rowing Machine Workout at UT1 Intensity is split into 2x12 minutes. Set yourself a good rhythm at rate 24 and develop you aerobic power.
42 min | UT1 | 22 | 876View Workout
Total 42 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 24 spm