5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 15 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 310 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- This is a good workout for rowing beginners.
- Spend 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing drills.
- Next, take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 5 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on good rowing technique.
- Keep the intensity at UT2 and the stroke rate no more than 22 strokes per minute.
- Finally, warm down with some easy rowing and some light rowing stretches afterward.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Set your feet height to the optimum position
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase
- Don't pull too hard with your arms
- Look at some rowing machine technique and drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Also take the time to warm up and cool down after each rowing workout, ensuring to stretch properly afterward.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
A 40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout with 15 Strokes of Power every 5 minutes. Build your Rowing Endurance base with this Variable UT1 Intensity Zone session.
50 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 1220View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 40 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout with 2 minutes rest. The intensity is UT1 or Anaerobic Threshold. This is a vigorous workout for Rowers new to intervals.
33 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 684View Workout
Total 33 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout with a 3-1-3 minute rate change between 20 and 22 strokes per minute. This is perfect for beginners to learn rate changes.
17 min | UT2 | 21 | 352View Workout
Total 17 min
Work 7 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout
Get some endurance with this 20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout. Learn this 5+10+5 minutes of rowing endurance with rate and power changes to sharpen your rowing endurance.
35 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 760View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm