5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 15 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 310 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- This is a good workout for rowing beginners.
- Spend 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing drills.
- Next, take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 5 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on good rowing technique.
- Keep the intensity at UT2 and the stroke rate no more than 22 strokes per minute.
- Finally, warm down with some easy rowing and some light rowing stretches afterward.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Set your feet height to the optimum position
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase
- Don't pull too hard with your arms
- Look at some rowing machine technique and drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Also take the time to warm up and cool down after each rowing workout, ensuring to stretch properly afterward.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals
Row this 5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals. After warming up, start with 2 minutes at 24 – 26 strokes per minute focusing on power and technique.
43 min | AT/TR | 24 | 740View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 416View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
3 x 5 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
This is a challenging 3 x 5 Minutes Rowing Machine Interval Workout. Boost your Anaerobic Threshold with 5 minutes of power rowing at 26 strokes per minute and rest for 2 minutes.
44 min | AT | 24 | 920View Workout
Total 44 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout
Improve your Anaerobic Threshold with this 14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout. Train smart with the proper intensity zone and [indoor rowing technique](/technique).
34 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 724View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 24 spm