20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout
Get some endurance with this 20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout. Learn this 5+10+5 minutes of rowing endurance with rate and power changes to sharpen your rowing endurance.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|1 x 10 min||10:00||24|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 35 min | Work Time: 20 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 760 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 23
- Row for 10 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing machine drills and increasing your power to near workout level intensity.
- Take a short rest and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 5 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute at UT1 Intensity.
- Next increase your stroke rate to 24 and intensity to Anaerobic Threshold for 10 minutes.
- Then drop your rate and intensity back down for 5 minutes to UT1 Intensity.
- Finally warm down with some easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Make sure to warm up, but don't do too much work - save your effort for the workout.
- Good technique and posture is important for a long 20 minute workout - study good rowing machine technique and try to practice rowing machine drills.
- Get into a good flowing rhythm, moving the handle smoothly at the catch and at the finish while using your legs, body and arms to power the rowing machine.
Workouts you might also like
15 Min Rowing Power Session
This 15 Minute Rowing Machine Power Session with 10 stroke bursts of power will boost your aerobic capacity and endurance. The Base rate is 24 and the power 10s are at 28.
45 min | AT | 22 | 900View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
12 Minute Rowing Workout At Threshold
12 Minute Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. This rowing machine workout will help you learn how to row at a vigorous endurance pace while rating 24.
27 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 588View Workout
Total 27 min
Work 12 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 416View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm