5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||22|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 20 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 416 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- Row for 10 minutes doing some basic rowing warm up drills.
- Take a short rest and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 2 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on technique.
- Then move up to 24 strokes per minute maintaining UT1 rowing intensity.
- Warm down for 5 minutes light rowing and some stretching afterwards.
- UT1 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Sit up and pitch your body slightly forward on the recovery phase.
- Use your legs to initially drive the handle towards the finish.
- Finish by breaking your arms smoothly towards your body.
- Move your hands away from the finish smoothly at the same pace they arrived.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout
This Easy 10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Follow the Technique and Intensity steps to get the most from this Workout.
20 min | UT2 | 21 | 420View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout
Improve your Anaerobic Threshold with this 14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout. Train smart with the proper intensity zone and [indoor rowing technique](/technique).
34 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 724View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
15 Min Rowing Power Session
This 15 Minute Rowing Machine Power Session with 10 stroke bursts of power will boost your aerobic capacity and endurance. The Base rate is 24 and the power 10s are at 28.
45 min | AT | 22 | 900View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
15 min | UT2 | 21 | 310View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 22 spm