5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||22|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 20 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 416 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- Row for 10 minutes doing some basic rowing warm up drills.
- Take a short rest and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 2 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on technique.
- Then move up to 24 strokes per minute maintaining UT1 rowing intensity.
- Warm down for 5 minutes light rowing and some stretching afterwards.
- UT1 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Sit up and pitch your body slightly forward on the recovery phase.
- Use your legs to initially drive the handle towards the finish.
- Finish by breaking your arms smoothly towards your body.
- Move your hands away from the finish smoothly at the same pace they arrived.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
3 x 5 Minute Rowing Interval Threshold Workout
This is a great 3 x 5 Minute Rowing Interval Workout at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity. Develop high aerobic rowing power and boost your strength endurance.
50 min | AT | 24 | 890View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
15 Minute Hard Aerobic Rowing Workout
This 15 Minute Hard Aerobic Rowing Workout will help improve your Aerobic Capacity. Challenge yourself to 15 minutes rowing at the edge of your aerobic rowing zone.
42 min | AT | 23 | 940View Workout
Total 42 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout
Get some endurance with this 20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout. Learn this 5+10+5 minutes of rowing endurance with rate and power changes to sharpen your rowing endurance.
35 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 760View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm