Rowing Machine Setup
Learn how to set your foot position on the Concept 2 rowing machine.
Position of Feet
Adjust the height of your footplate depending on your flexibility and height. Look at the diagrams below to see where you should set your feet.
Feet set correctly
- Getting to full compression.
- Seat is reaching full slide.
- Can strike a good catch, feel like you can use the full length of the slide.
- Feels comfortable - no tightness or awkwardness around your mid-body and hip flexors.
Feet set too High
- Cannot get to full compression.
- Seat is between half and full slide.
- Short stoke length - handle is too far away from the fan at the catch.
- Feels uncomfortable - tightness and awkwardness around your mid-body and hip flexors.
Feet set too Low
- Over compression - your shins are gone beyond vertical
- Over compression - too much strain on your knees
- Not efficient - leg power during the drive phase is pushing down instead of horizontal.