20 Minute Rowing Machine Aerobic Workout
Easy 20 Minute Rowing Machine Aerobic Workout for Beginners. Learn good Rowing Technique while building your Aerobic Base and Enjoying the Rhythm of the Rowing Machine.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 35 min | Work Time: 20 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 760 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- Spend 10 minutes warming up following the warm up intensity schedule here.
- Row for 20 minutes at 22 – 24 strokes per minute UT1 Rowing Intensity.
- Cool down with some easy rowing for 5 minutes.
- UT1 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Study some rowing machine technique and rowing drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Don't work too hard during the early part of workout - wait until the last 1-2 minutes to push yourself if you feed good.
- Maintain your rhythm if your rate changes - avoid going too far off your target intensity.
- Try to get a feel for what rowing well is like - manage your power output and your rhythm together.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
3 x 8 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Intervals
Prevail with this 3 x 8 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Intervals. Learn good Rowing Technique while at Anaerobic Threshold Target Intensity Zone rate 24.
43 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 896View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
4 x 5 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Intervals
Raise your Lactic Threshold with these 4 x 5 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Intervals. Focus to Row with good Form and Energy as you Rate 26 at AT Zone.
60 min | AT/TR | 25 | 1040View Workout
Total 60 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
10 x 30 Stroke Rowing Interval Workout
Row this 10 x 30 Stroke Rowing Interval Workout at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity. Learn good Rowing Technique while Rowing Hard with good Rhythm and Intensity.
40 min | AT | 24 | 810View Workout
Total 40 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 28 spm
3 x 7 Minute VO2 Rowing Intervals
Improve your Rowing Oxygen Uptake with these 3 x 7 Minute VO2 Rowing Intervals. With 5 minutes rest you need to rate 26-28 Strokes per Minute to get in the Target Training Zone.
56 min | AT/TR | 24 | 1066View Workout
Total 56 min
Work 21 min
Avg Rate 27 spm