15 Min Rowing Power Session
This 15 Minute Rowing Machine Power Session with 10 stroke bursts of power will boost your aerobic capacity and endurance. The Base rate is 24 and the power 10s are at 28.
|Rowing warm up 15 min||15:00||22–24|
|1 x 15 min||15:00||24–28|
|Rowing cool down 10 min||10:00||20|
Total Time: 45 min | Work Time: 15 min | Intensity: AT | Strokes: 900 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 26
- Spend around 15 minutes warming-up following the warm-up plan here.
- Take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 15 minutes at around 24 – 28 strokes per minute.
- For the most part – rate 24.
- At the start of each minute do a power 10 at 28 high intensity before going back down to 24.
- Finally cool down with 10 minutes easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Use your legs to initially drive the handle towards the finish.
- Be sure to stick to the Anaerobic Threshold intensity and stroke rate.
- When your rate drops after each power 10, try to maintain your rhythm don't drop the power too much.
- Never forget to enjoy the rhythm of the rowing movement.
- Have some water ready to drink for after the warm and at end of the workout.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout with 2 minutes rest. The intensity is UT1 or Anaerobic Threshold. This is a vigorous workout for Rowers new to intervals.
33 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 684View Workout
Total 33 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
3 x 5 Minute Rowing Machine Interval Workout
This 3 x 5 Minute Rowing Machine Interval Workout is a great way to improve your strength endurance and aerobic capacity. Drive your legs hard to get the most out of this workout.
50 min | AT | 24 | 890View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout with a 3-1-3 minute rate change between 20 and 22 strokes per minute. This is perfect for beginners to learn rate changes.
17 min | UT2 | 21 | 352View Workout
Total 17 min
Work 7 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm