15 Min Rowing Power Session
This 15 Minute Rowing Machine Power Session with 10 stroke bursts of power will boost your aerobic capacity and endurance. The Base rate is 24 and the power 10s are at 28.
|Rowing warm up 15 min||15:00||22–24|
|1 x 15 min||15:00||24–28|
|Rowing cool down 10 min||10:00||20|
Total Time: 45 min | Work Time: 15 min | Intensity: AT | Strokes: 900 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 26
- Spend around 15 minutes warming-up following the warm-up plan here.
- Take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 15 minutes at around 24 – 28 strokes per minute.
- For the most part – rate 24.
- At the start of each minute do a power 10 at 28 high intensity before going back down to 24.
- Finally cool down with 10 minutes easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Use your legs to initially drive the handle towards the finish.
- Be sure to stick to the Anaerobic Threshold intensity and stroke rate.
- When your rate drops after each power 10, try to maintain your rhythm don't drop the power too much.
- Never forget to enjoy the rhythm of the rowing movement.
- Have some water ready to drink for after the warm and at end of the workout.
Workouts you might also like
5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
15 min | UT2 | 21 | 310View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
A 40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout with 15 Strokes of Power every 5 minutes. Build your Rowing Endurance base with this Variable UT1 Intensity Zone session.
50 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 1220View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 40 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
24 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
This 24 Minute Interval Rowing Machine Workout at UT1 Intensity is split into 2x12 minutes. Set yourself a good rhythm at rate 24 and develop you aerobic power.
42 min | UT1 | 22 | 876View Workout
Total 42 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm