12 Minute Rowing Workout At Threshold
12 Minute Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. This rowing machine workout will help you learn how to row at a vigorous endurance pace while rating 24.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 12 min||12:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 27 min | Work Time: 12 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 588 | Avg Rate: 24 | Work Rate: 24
- Spend around 10 minutes warming up doing some basic erg drills and at least 1-2 minutes of harder strokes at UT1/AT rowing pace.
- Next take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 12 minutes at around 24 strokes per minute focusing on good technique.
- Keep the intensity near your anaerobic threshold pace and the stroke rate no more than 24.
- Finally warm down with some easy rowing and light stretching afterwards.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Ensure you do a full 10 minute warm up with at least 40 hard strokes at UT1/AT pace.
- Don't work too hard during the early part of the 12 minutes - wait until the last 3-4 minutes to push yourself if you feed good.
- Always focus on good rowing machine technique - even when you are tired.
Workouts you might also like
8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes
This 8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes will help you gain more control over rowing power to rate ratio. Learn how to change rate and power together.
23 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 484View Workout
Total 23 min
Work 8 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 Minute Rowing Pyramid Workout
This 5 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout is great for beginners. If you are new to rowing and looking for an interesting workout check this out.
15 min | UT2/UT1 | 22 | 312View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
3 x 5 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
This is a challenging 3 x 5 Minutes Rowing Machine Interval Workout. Boost your Anaerobic Threshold with 5 minutes of power rowing at 26 strokes per minute and rest for 2 minutes.
44 min | AT | 24 | 920View Workout
Total 44 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
Get the 77 Rowing Workouts BookPrice $9.95 Learn More