12 Minute Rowing Workout At Threshold
12 Minute Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. This rowing machine workout will help you learn how to row at a vigorous endurance pace while rating 24.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 12 min||12:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 27 min | Work Time: 12 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 588 | Avg Rate: 24 | Work Rate: 24
- Spend around 10 minutes warming up doing some basic erg drills and at least 1-2 minutes of harder strokes at UT1/AT rowing pace.
- Next take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 12 minutes at around 24 strokes per minute focusing on good technique.
- Keep the intensity near your anaerobic threshold pace and the stroke rate no more than 24.
- Finally warm down with some easy rowing and light stretching afterwards.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Ensure you do a full 10 minute warm up with at least 40 hard strokes at UT1/AT pace.
- Don't work too hard during the early part of the 12 minutes - wait until the last 3-4 minutes to push yourself if you feed good.
- Always focus on good rowing machine technique - even when you are tired.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 416View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout
This Easy 10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Follow the Technique and Intensity steps to get the most from this Workout.
20 min | UT2 | 21 | 420View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout with a 3-1-3 minute rate change between 20 and 22 strokes per minute. This is perfect for beginners to learn rate changes.
17 min | UT2 | 21 | 352View Workout
Total 17 min
Work 7 min
Avg Rate 22 spm