40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
A 40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout with 15 Strokes of Power every 5 minutes. Build your Rowing Endurance base with this Variable UT1 Intensity Zone session.
|Rowing warm up 12 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 40 min||40:00||22–28|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 50 min | Work Time: 40 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 1220 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 24
- Row for 12 minutes to warm up.
- Then take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row 40 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute UT1 rowing intensity.
- At the start of each 5 minutes do a power 15 at 28 strokes per minute and Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Finish by warming down with some easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Focus on your rowing machine form and technique.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Keep the same good rowing rhythm when the rates change. Look for a ratio of 1:2 - 1 part drive phase and 2 parts recovery phase.
- Make sure to warm up properly, but don't do too much work and save your effort for the workout.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup guide.
Workouts you might also like
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 416View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
12 Minute Rowing Workout At Threshold
12 Minute Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. This rowing machine workout will help you learn how to row at a vigorous endurance pace while rating 24.
27 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 588View Workout
Total 27 min
Work 12 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout
This Easy 10 Minute Beginner Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Follow the Technique and Intensity steps to get the most from this Workout.
20 min | UT2 | 21 | 420View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals
Row this 5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals. After warming up, start with 2 minutes at 24 – 26 strokes per minute focusing on power and technique.
43 min | AT/TR | 24 | 740View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
Get the 77 Rowing Workouts BookPrice $9.95 Learn More