40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
A 40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout with 15 Strokes of Power every 5 minutes. Build your Rowing Endurance base with this Variable UT1 Intensity Zone session.
|Rowing warm up 12 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 40 min||40:00||22–28|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 50 min | Work Time: 40 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 1220 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 24
- Row for 12 minutes to warm up.
- Then take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row 40 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute UT1 rowing intensity.
- At the start of each 5 minutes do a power 15 at 28 strokes per minute and Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Finish by warming down with some easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Focus on your rowing machine form and technique.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Keep the same good rowing rhythm when the rates change. Look for a ratio of 1:2 - 1 part drive phase and 2 parts recovery phase.
- Make sure to warm up properly, but don't do too much work and save your effort for the workout.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup guide.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
15 min | UT2 | 21 | 310View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout
Get some endurance with this 20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout. Learn this 5+10+5 minutes of rowing endurance with rate and power changes to sharpen your rowing endurance.
35 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 760View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout with a 3-1-3 minute rate change between 20 and 22 strokes per minute. This is perfect for beginners to learn rate changes.
17 min | UT2 | 21 | 352View Workout
Total 17 min
Work 7 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout
Improve your Anaerobic Threshold with this 14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout. Train smart with the proper intensity zone and [indoor rowing technique](/technique).
34 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 724View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 24 spm