40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
A 40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout with 15 Strokes of Power every 5 minutes. Build your Rowing Endurance base with this Variable UT1 Intensity Zone session.
|Rowing warm up 12 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 40 min||40:00||22–28|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 50 min | Work Time: 40 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 1220 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 24
- Row for 12 minutes to warm up.
- Then take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row 40 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute UT1 rowing intensity.
- At the start of each 5 minutes do a power 15 at 28 strokes per minute and Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Finish by warming down with some easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Focus on your rowing machine form and technique.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Keep the same good rowing rhythm when the rates change. Look for a ratio of 1:2 - 1 part drive phase and 2 parts recovery phase.
- Make sure to warm up properly, but don't do too much work and save your effort for the workout.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup guide.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout
Get some endurance with this 20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout. Learn this 5+10+5 minutes of rowing endurance with rate and power changes to sharpen your rowing endurance.
35 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 760View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
34 min | AT | 23 | 736View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout with 2 minutes rest. The intensity is UT1 or Anaerobic Threshold. This is a vigorous workout for Rowers new to intervals.
33 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 684View Workout
Total 33 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
3 x 5 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
This is a challenging 3 x 5 Minutes Rowing Machine Interval Workout. Boost your Anaerobic Threshold with 5 minutes of power rowing at 26 strokes per minute and rest for 2 minutes.
44 min | AT | 24 | 920View Workout
Total 44 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 25 spm