14 Minute Power Rowing Workout
This is a great 14 Minute Rowing Machine Workout that will help improve your power. See how you can develop your power with variable rate and intensity changes in this workout.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||24|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||26|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||24|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 10 min||10:00||20|
Total Time: 34 min | Work Time: 14 min | Intensity: AT | Strokes: 736 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 25
- Row for 10 minutes to warm up following the warm-up plan.
- Then take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row 2 minutes at 24 strokes per minute near Anaerobic Threshold (AT) Intensity.
- Then for 5 minutes go to AT power Intensity at 26 strokes per minute.
- Drop your rate to 24 for 2 minutes and keep at AT intensity.
- Finally drop the power down to UT1 Intensity and 22 strokes per minute for 5 minutes.
- Finish by warming down with some easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Don't over-do the power during the first 2 minutes
- When your rate drops, try to maintain your rhythm don't drop the power too much.
- Warm up properly and make sure you are ready to go because this is a hard workout.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
15 min | UT2 | 21 | 310View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals
Row this 5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals. After warming up, start with 2 minutes at 24 – 26 strokes per minute focusing on power and technique.
43 min | AT/TR | 24 | 740View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
15 Min Rowing Power Session
This 15 Minute Rowing Machine Power Session with 10 stroke bursts of power will boost your aerobic capacity and endurance. The Base rate is 24 and the power 10s are at 28.
45 min | AT | 22 | 900View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
24 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
This 24 Minute Interval Rowing Machine Workout at UT1 Intensity is split into 2x12 minutes. Set yourself a good rhythm at rate 24 and develop you aerobic power.
42 min | UT1 | 22 | 876View Workout
Total 42 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 24 spm