12 Minute Strength Endurance Rowing Workout
This Hard 12 Minute Strength Endurance Rowing Workout will help you to develop your Rowing Strength and Endurance. Maintain your Technique as you go through the Zones and Intensity Phases.
|Rowing warm up 15 min||15:00||20|
|1 x 6 min||6:00||22|
|1 x 4 min||4:00||24|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 10 min||10:00||20|
Total Time: 32 min | Work Time: 12 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 776 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 24
- Begin this workout with 15 minutes following the warm up guide.
- Take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 6 minutes at 22 strokes per minute at UT1 Rowing Intensity.
- Then move up to 24 strokes per minute just below Anaerobic Threshold Intensity for 4 minutes.
- Finally raise your rate and intensity for 2 minutes to Anaerobic Threshold Intensity intensity at 24.
- Finish off your rowing training session by warming down with 10 minutes easy.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase.
- The rest is important - try to keep moving and pulling light.
- When your rate drops, try to maintain your rhythm don't drop the power too much.
- Don't work too hard - focus on enjoying the rhythm and flow of the rowing movement.
- Use the full length of the slide.
Workouts you might also like
5 Minute Easy Beginner Rowing Machine Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Beginner Rowing Machine Workout will help you learn the basics for Rowing Machine Training. Follow the set-up guide, drills and warm-up strategy before you start.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 414View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
10 Minute Norwegian Rowing Workout
This 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout is used by National and International Rowers. Row in steps of 4-3-2-1 minutes with Rate and Power changes between 22 - 26 Strokes per Minute.
30 min | AT | 23 | 638View Workout
Total 30 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
5 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
2 x 5 Minute Interval Rowing Workout. After a step-by-step warm-up, get started with 5 minutes Rowing at UT1 Intensity scale before the first Rest Interval.
22 min | UT1 | 22 | 530View Workout
Total 22 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
3 x 3 Minute Rowing Intervals
Raise your VO2 Max with these 3 x 3 Minute Rowing Intervals. Learn Interval Training for a 2k, 6k or 1k Rowing Machine Test. Train Power and Technique together.
35 min | TR | 36 | 774View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 9 min
Avg Rate 27 spm
Get the 77 Rowing Workouts BookPrice $9.95 Learn More