10 Minute Norwegian Rowing Workout
This 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout is used by National and International Rowers. Row in steps of 4-3-2-1 minutes with Rate and Power changes between 22 - 26 Strokes per Minute.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 4 min||4:00||22|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||24|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||26|
|1 x 1 min||1:00||26|
|Rowing cool down 10 min||10:00||20|
Total Time: 30 min | Work Time: 10 min | Intensity: AT | Strokes: 638 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 25
- Begin this training session with 15 minutes warming up following the warm-up schedule here.
- Take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 4 minutes at 22 strokes per minute at UT1.
- Row for 3 minutes between UT1 and Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Move up to Anaerobic Threshold Intensity for 2 minutes
- Finally raise your rate and intensity slightly above AT intensity at 26 strokes per minute.
- Finish off your rowing training session by warming down for 10 minutes.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Move your hands away from the finish smoothly at the same pace.
- Don't pull too hard with your arms at the finish of the stroke.
- When your rate goes up, try to maintain your rhythm don't drop the power.
- Try to get a feel for what good rowing is like - manage your power output and your rhythm together.
- Use the full length of the slide and drive your legs each stroke.
Workouts you might also like
12 Minute Strength Endurance Rowing Workout
This Hard 12 Minute Strength Endurance Rowing Workout will help you to develop your Rowing Strength and Endurance. Maintain your Technique as you go through the Zones and Intensity Phases.
32 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 776View Workout
Total 32 min
Work 12 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
2 x 5 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
A sharp 2 x 5 minute Interval Rowing Workout. Transform your Rowing Training from basic Endurance to High Aerobic UT1 Intensity Training with this easy-to-follow workout.
30 min | UT1 | 21 | 520View Workout
Total 30 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
2 x 7 Minutes Hard Interval Rowing Workout
Boost your Rowing Power with this 2 x 7 Minutes Hard Interval Rowing Workout. Challenge your Training Routine and prepare for a 2K Erg Test with this great workout.
39 min | UT1/TR | 25 | 536View Workout
Total 39 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
15 Min Power Rowing Workout
15 Min Power Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. Learn how to Row this workout with good Technique at High Aerobic Power. See if you can stick the pace.
35 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 730View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 24 spm