10 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 10 Minute Easy Rowing Machine Workout is good for Beginners to learn the basics of the Rowing Machine. Follow the technique and Intensity guide to get the most from this workout.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 10 min||10:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 25 min | Work Time: 10 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 520 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- Spend around 10 minutes warming up.
- Next take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 10 minutes at 22 strokes per minute.
- Keep the intensity around UT2 and the stroke rate no more than 22.
- Finally warm down with some easy rowing.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Study some rowing machine technique and rowing drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- This is a hard workout - don't use all your energy in the first phase.
- Maintain your rhythm when the rate changes - avoid going too far off your target intensity.
- Try to get a feel for what rowing well is like - manage your power output and your rhythm together.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup] guide.
Workouts you might also like
5 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
2 x 5 Minute Interval Rowing Workout. After a step-by-step warm-up, get started with 5 minutes Rowing at UT1 Intensity scale before the first Rest Interval.
22 min | UT1 | 22 | 530View Workout
Total 22 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
2 x 10 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Workout
Improve your Rowing Anaerobic Threshold with this 2 x 10 minute Rowing Machine Erg Workout. Learn how to hold good Rowing Technique while developing your Aerobic capacity.
45 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 500View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
3 x 3 Minute Rowing Intervals
Raise your VO2 Max with these 3 x 3 Minute Rowing Intervals. Learn Interval Training for a 2k, 6k or 1k Rowing Machine Test. Train Power and Technique together.
35 min | TR | 36 | 774View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 9 min
Avg Rate 27 spm
2 x 10 Minute Difficult Rowing Workout
This 2 x 10 Minute Difficult Rowing Workout is good for Fit Rowers looking for a challenge. Boost your Anaerobic Threshold Rating 26 Strokes per Minute at AT Pace.
40 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 900View Workout
Total 40 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 25 spm