5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 15 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 310 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- This is a good workout for rowing beginners.
- Spend 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing drills.
- Next, take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 5 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute focusing on good rowing technique.
- Keep the intensity at UT2 and the stroke rate no more than 22 strokes per minute.
- Finally, warm down with some easy rowing and some light rowing stretches afterward.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Set your feet height to the optimum position
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase
- Don't pull too hard with your arms
- Look at some rowing machine technique and drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Also take the time to warm up and cool down after each rowing workout, ensuring to stretch properly afterward.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
2 x 15 Minute Rowing Workout At UT1
Develop your Aerobic Power with this 2 x 15 Minute Rowing Machine Workout. Learn how to perform with good rowing technique rate 24 while rowing long effective strokes.
55 min | UT1 | 23 | 1140View Workout
Total 55 min
Work 30 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
A 40 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout with 15 Strokes of Power every 5 minutes. Build your Rowing Endurance base with this Variable UT1 Intensity Zone session.
50 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 1220View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 40 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 Minute Rowing Pyramid Workout
This 5 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout is great for beginners. If you are new to rowing and looking for an interesting workout check this out.
15 min | UT2/UT1 | 22 | 312View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout with a 3-1-3 minute rate change between 20 and 22 strokes per minute. This is perfect for beginners to learn rate changes.
17 min | UT2 | 21 | 352View Workout
Total 17 min
Work 7 min
Avg Rate 22 spm