5 Minute Rowing Pyramid Workout
This 5 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout is great for beginners. If you are new to rowing and looking for an interesting workout check this out.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||22|
|1 x 1 min||1:00||24|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 15 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT2/UT1 | Strokes: 312 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- Row for 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing.
- If you want, take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 2 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute at UT2 pace.
- Next increase your stroke rate to UT1 rowing pace for 1 minute.
- Then drop your rate back down for 2 minutes maintaining UT2 intensity.
- Cool down with some easy rowing.
- UT1 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Focus on your rowing form and technique.
- Increase your power and speed when the rate changes to 24.
- Decrease your power and speed when the rate goes back down to 22.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout
Get some endurance with this 20 Minute Rowing Machine Endurance Workout. Learn this 5+10+5 minutes of rowing endurance with rate and power changes to sharpen your rowing endurance.
35 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 760View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout
Improve your Anaerobic Threshold with this 14 Minute Pyramid Rowing Machine Workout. Train smart with the proper intensity zone and [indoor rowing technique](/technique).
34 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 724View Workout
Total 34 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
15 min | UT2 | 21 | 310View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
15 Min Rowing Power Session
This 15 Minute Rowing Machine Power Session with 10 stroke bursts of power will boost your aerobic capacity and endurance. The Base rate is 24 and the power 10s are at 28.
45 min | AT | 22 | 900View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm