12 Minute Rowing Workout At Threshold
12 Minute Rowing Workout at Anaerobic Threshold. This rowing machine workout will help you learn how to row at a vigorous endurance pace while rating 24.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 12 min||12:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 27 min | Work Time: 12 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 588 | Avg Rate: 24 | Work Rate: 24
- Spend around 10 minutes warming up doing some basic erg drills and at least 1-2 minutes of harder strokes at UT1/AT rowing pace.
- Next take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 12 minutes at around 24 strokes per minute focusing on good technique.
- Keep the intensity near your anaerobic threshold pace and the stroke rate no more than 24.
- Finally warm down with some easy rowing and light stretching afterwards.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Ensure you do a full 10 minute warm up with at least 40 hard strokes at UT1/AT pace.
- Don't work too hard during the early part of the 12 minutes - wait until the last 3-4 minutes to push yourself if you feed good.
- Always focus on good rowing machine technique - even when you are tired.
Workouts you might also like
5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Rowing Workout is perfect for Beginners. Getting started with the Rowing Machine is all about taking time to learn good Technique and building up the intensity slowly.
15 min | UT2 | 21 | 310View Workout
Total 15 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes
This 8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes will help you gain more control over rowing power to rate ratio. Learn how to change rate and power together.
23 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 484View Workout
Total 23 min
Work 8 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 416View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout
2 x 8 Minutes Rowing Interval Workout with 2 minutes rest. The intensity is UT1 or Anaerobic Threshold. This is a vigorous workout for Rowers new to intervals.
33 min | UT1/AT | 24 | 684View Workout
Total 33 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 24 spm