2 x 12 Minute Rowing Tempo Workout
Power-up with this 2 x 12 Minute Rowing Tempo Workout at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity. Get ready for 2k, 5k or 6k tests with this Aerobic Engine Booster.
|Rowing warm up 15 min||10:00||22|
|1 x 12 min||12:00||24|
|1 x 4 min rest||4:00||-|
|1 x 12 min||12:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 48 min | Work Time: 24 min | Intensity: AT | Strokes: 996 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 24
- Spend the first 10-15 minutes warming up and doing some rowing machine drills.
- Next take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 12 minutes at around 24 strokes per minute at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Rest for 4 minutes.
- Row again for 12 minutes at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity rating 24.
- Cool down with some easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Focus on keeping your rowing machine technique consistent.
- Be sure to stick to the suggested intensity and stroke rate.
- Concentrate on changing rate and power together. Learn to get the feeling of higher rate and higher power (speed) working together.
- Make sure to warm up properly, but don't do too much work and save your effort for the workout.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup] guide.
Workouts you might also like
15 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Interval Workout
2 x 15 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Workout. Raise your AT Zone Rowing Fitness while rating 22-26 with good Rowing Technique and a Solid Rhythm.
53 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 1070View Workout
Total 53 min
Work 30 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 x 3 Minute Powerful Rowing Workouts
Give your Training a Lift with 5 x 3 Minute Powerful Rowing Workouts. Row for 3 minutes just below 2k Race Intensity in your power zone. Target Rate is 26-30 strokes per minute.
52 min | UT1/TR | 25 | 920View Workout
Total 52 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 28 spm
50 Minute Rowing Endurance Workout
Learn Endurance with this 50 Minute Rowing Workout. Test your Physical and Mental Endurance skills with this challenging UT2 Rowing Zone Workout. Rate 22 for the entire workout.
60 min | UT2 | 21 | 1300View Workout
Total 60 min
Work 50 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
2 x 7 Minute 2k Erg Test Preparation Rowing Workout
Prepare for a 2k Erg Test with this 2 x 7 Minute Rowing Workout. This workout will improve the Oxygen Transportation Efficiency to your muscles as you power near 2k pace.
46 min | TR | 24 | 530View Workout
Total 46 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 27 spm