2 X10 Minute Rowing Workout With Power Changes
Get ready to Power-up with this 2 X10 Minute Rowing Workout With Power Changes. Start at rate 22 finish at rate 27-28 while increasing your power per stroke.
|Rowing warm up 15 min||15:00||22|
|1 x 4 min||4:00||22|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||24|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||26|
|1 x 1 min||1:00||27|
|Rowing cool down 10 min||10:00||20|
Total Time: 35 min | Work Time: 10 min | Intensity: AT/TR | Strokes: 769 | Avg Rate: 24 | Work Rate: 25
- Warm up for 15 minutes following the schedule here.
- Stop, take a short rest and prepare for the rowing session.
- Row 4 minutes at 22 strokes per minute at [UT1](/rowing-intensity-scale intensity.
- Move on to 3 minutes at 24 strokes per minute at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Change up to 2 minutes at 26 strokes per minute slightly above Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Finally move to 1 minute at 27 strokes per minute TR intensity.
- Finish off by warming down with some easy cool-down rowing.
- TR Warm-up 15 min
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 3 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 20 strokes
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again for 20 strokes at your TR pace.
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise you can do another 10 stokes at TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Move your hands away from the finish smoothly at the same pace they arrived.
- Focus on using your legs, body and arms in a good rhythm through the middle of the workout.
- Concentrate on changing rate and power together. Learn to get the feeling of higher rate and higher power (speed) working together.
- Try to get a feel for what rowing well is like - manage your power output and your rhythm together.
- Use the full length of the slide.
Workouts you might also like
2 x 8 Minute Power Rowing Workout
Ironclad 2 x 8 Minute Power Rowing Workout designed to boost you Anaerobic Threshold and Transportation Rowing Energy Systems. Prepare for a 2k, 6K or 5k Erg Test using this workout.
40 min | AT/TR | 24 | 836View Workout
Total 40 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
2 x 25 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout
Test yourself with this 2 x 25 Minute Endurance Rowing Workout at UT Zone Intensity. Build your endurance pace at rate 22 while working on Technique and rhythm.
65 min | UT2 | 21 | 1300View Workout
Total 65 min
Work 50 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
2 x 12 Minute Rowing Interval Workout
Anaerobic Threshold Boosting 2 x 12 Minute Rowing Interval Workout. Develop you Aerobic Power with the Rowing Machine while learning good Technique and Rhythm using Interval Training.
54 min | AT | 23 | 1106View Workout
Total 54 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
5 x 3 Minute Powerful Rowing Workouts
Give your Training a Lift with 5 x 3 Minute Powerful Rowing Workouts. Row for 3 minutes just below 2k Race Intensity in your power zone. Target Rate is 26-30 strokes per minute.
52 min | UT1/TR | 25 | 920View Workout
Total 52 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 28 spm