5 Minute Easy Beginner Rowing Machine Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Beginner Rowing Machine Workout will help you learn the basics for Rowing Machine Training. Follow the set-up guide, drills and warm-up strategy before you start.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||22|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 20 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 414 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- First, look at the rowing machine setup guide]
- Next, begin your rowing training with some rowing machine drills in the 10 minute warm-up.
- Get ready for the workout.
- Row for 3 minutes at 22 strokes per minute focusing on UT1 Rowing Intensity.
- Then move up to 24 strokes per minute maintaining UT1 intensity.
- Finish with warming down for 5 minutes easy light rowing.
- UT1 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase.
- Break down each section as a separate challenge to be completed. Approach each one as on its own merits - don't think about the next or the last workout.
- Maintain your rhythm when the rate changes - avoid going too far off your target intensity.
- Make sure to warm up properly, but don't do too much work and save your effort for the workout.
- Use the full length of the slide.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
10 Minute Norwegian Rowing Workout
This 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout is used by National and International Rowers. Row in steps of 4-3-2-1 minutes with Rate and Power changes between 22 - 26 Strokes per Minute.
30 min | AT | 23 | 638View Workout
Total 30 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
2 x 7 Minutes Hard Interval Rowing Workout
Boost your Rowing Power with this 2 x 7 Minutes Hard Interval Rowing Workout. Challenge your Training Routine and prepare for a 2K Erg Test with this great workout.
39 min | UT1/TR | 25 | 536View Workout
Total 39 min
Work 14 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
3 x 3 Minute Rowing Intervals
Raise your VO2 Max with these 3 x 3 Minute Rowing Intervals. Learn Interval Training for a 2k, 6k or 1k Rowing Machine Test. Train Power and Technique together.
35 min | TR | 36 | 774View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 9 min
Avg Rate 27 spm
10 Minute Medium Intensity Rowing Machine Workout
Learn good Rowing with this 10 Minute Medium Intensity Rowing Machine Workout. Follow the Workout Guide to develop your Strength at 22-24 UT1 Intensity.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 516View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm