5 Minute Easy Beginner Rowing Machine Workout
This 5 Minute Easy Beginner Rowing Machine Workout will help you learn the basics for Rowing Machine Training. Follow the set-up guide, drills and warm-up strategy before you start.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||20|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||22|
|1 x 2 min||2:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 20 min | Work Time: 5 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 414 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- First, look at the rowing machine setup guide]
- Next, begin your rowing training with some rowing machine drills in the 10 minute warm-up.
- Get ready for the workout.
- Row for 3 minutes at 22 strokes per minute focusing on UT1 Rowing Intensity.
- Then move up to 24 strokes per minute maintaining UT1 intensity.
- Finish with warming down for 5 minutes easy light rowing.
- UT1 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase.
- Break down each section as a separate challenge to be completed. Approach each one as on its own merits - don't think about the next or the last workout.
- Maintain your rhythm when the rate changes - avoid going too far off your target intensity.
- Make sure to warm up properly, but don't do too much work and save your effort for the workout.
- Use the full length of the slide.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
10 Minute Medium Intensity Rowing Machine Workout
Learn good Rowing with this 10 Minute Medium Intensity Rowing Machine Workout. Follow the Workout Guide to develop your Strength at 22-24 UT1 Intensity.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 516View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
2 x 10 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Workout
Improve your Rowing Anaerobic Threshold with this 2 x 10 minute Rowing Machine Erg Workout. Learn how to hold good Rowing Technique while developing your Aerobic capacity.
45 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 500View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
12 Minute Strength Endurance Rowing Workout
This Hard 12 Minute Strength Endurance Rowing Workout will help you to develop your Rowing Strength and Endurance. Maintain your Technique as you go through the Zones and Intensity Phases.
32 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 776View Workout
Total 32 min
Work 12 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
2 x 5 Minute Interval Rowing Workout
A sharp 2 x 5 minute Interval Rowing Workout. Transform your Rowing Training from basic Endurance to High Aerobic UT1 Intensity Training with this easy-to-follow workout.
30 min | UT1 | 21 | 520View Workout
Total 30 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 23 spm