30 Minute High Tempo Rowing Workout
This 30 Minute High Tempo Rowing Workout will help boost your Rowing Endurance and Aerobic Capacity Zones. Learn Rowing Machine Tempo Technique while working out with a strong tempo.
|Rowing 15 minutes||15:00||22|
|1 x 30 minutes||30:00||22–26|
|Rowing 10 minute warm down||10:00||20|
Total Time: 50 min | Work Time: 50 min | Intensity: AT | Strokes: 1080 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 24
- Begin with rowing for 15 minutes following the warm up schedule.
- Row 30 minutes at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity rating 22 – 26 strokes per minute.
- Look at the Pro Tips below to learn how to develop Tempo.
- Warm down for 10 minutes easy rowing.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Focus on using your legs during the leg drive phase and use them to make a good tempo through to the finish.
- Don't pull too hard with your arms - use the momentum to keep your arms moving smoothly away from the finish to keep the tempo going.
- Try to get a feel for what rowing well is like - manage your power output and your rhythm together.
- Have some water ready to drink for after the warm and at the end of the workout.
The Beginners Complete Guide to Rowing BookLearn More
2 x 15 Minute Rowing Machine Workouts
Boost your Aerobic Engine with this 2 x 15 Minute Rowing Machine Workout. Work at UT1 Intensity Zone rate 22 while Rowing at a good Tempo Rhythm. 5 Minutes Rest.
45 min | UT1 | 21 | 860View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 30 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
2 x 12 Minute Rowing Interval Workout
Anaerobic Threshold Boosting 2 x 12 Minute Rowing Interval Workout. Develop you Aerobic Power with the Rowing Machine while learning good Technique and Rhythm using Interval Training.
54 min | AT | 23 | 1106View Workout
Total 54 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 25 spm
2 x 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout
Learn to Row with this 2 x 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout. Use the warm-up and Rowing Pace Guide to set your intensity for 10 minutes for High Aerobic Training.
40 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 900View Workout
Total 40 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
60 Minute Rowing Endurance Workout
Develop Focus and Endurance with this 60 Minute Rowing Endurance Workout. Learn the importance of Rhythm, Discipline and Personal Courage with this long rowing workout.
60 min | UT2 | 21 | 1200View Workout
Total 60 min
Work 60 min
Avg Rate 21 spm