20 Minute Beginner Rowing Machine Workout
Get Rowing Fit with this 20 Minute Beginner Rowing Machine Workout. Learn good Technique while working on your Aerobic Endurance Base at UT1 Rowing Intensity.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 30 min | Work Time: 20 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 650 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 22
- Warm up for 10 minutes following the warm up intensity schedule here.
- Row for 20 minutes at 22 strokes per minute at UT1 Rowing Intensity.
- Warm down with some easy rowing for 5 minutes.
- UT2 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Always focus on good rowing machine technique - even when you are tired.
- Focus on using your legs, body and arms in a good rhythm through the middle of the workout.
- Maintain your rhythm when the rate changes - avoid going too far off your target intensity.
- Enjoy the rhythm of the rowing movement and use it to build your motivation for more training in future.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup] guide.
Workouts you might also like
4 x 4 Minute Rowing Machine Workout
Power-up with this 4 x 4 Minute Rowing Machine Workout. Train for 2k, 5k and 6k Erg Tests by building this into your Rowing Training Schedule.
46 min | TR | 25 | 854View Workout
Total 46 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 29 spm
10 x 30 Stroke Rowing Interval Workout
Row this 10 x 30 Stroke Rowing Interval Workout at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity. Learn good Rowing Technique while Rowing Hard with good Rhythm and Intensity.
40 min | AT | 24 | 810View Workout
Total 40 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 28 spm
3 x 8 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Intervals
Prevail with this 3 x 8 Minute Anaerobic Threshold Rowing Intervals. Learn good Rowing Technique while at Anaerobic Threshold Target Intensity Zone rate 24.
43 min | UT1/AT | 23 | 896View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
20 Minute Rowing Machine Aerobic Workout
Easy 20 Minute Rowing Machine Aerobic Workout for Beginners. Learn good Rowing Technique while building your Aerobic Base and Enjoying the Rhythm of the Rowing Machine.
35 min | UT1 | 22 | 760View Workout
Total 35 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 23 spm