20 Minute Rowing Machine Aerobic Workout
Easy 20 Minute Rowing Machine Aerobic Workout for Beginners. Learn good Rowing Technique while building your Aerobic Base and Enjoying the Rhythm of the Rowing Machine.
|Rowing warm up 10 min||10:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 35 min | Work Time: 20 min | Intensity: UT1 | Strokes: 760 | Avg Rate: 22 | Work Rate: 23
- Spend 10 minutes warming up following the warm up intensity schedule here.
- Row for 20 minutes at 22 – 24 strokes per minute UT1 Rowing Intensity.
- Cool down with some easy rowing for 5 minutes.
- UT2 10 min warm up.
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 stokes per minute
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and aim for 30 strokes at your UT1 pace.
- Coming up on 10 minutes, do 10 strokes at your AT pace.
- Stop and get ready for the workout.
- Study some rowing machine technique and rowing drills to help with setting some basic positions while you are rowing.
- Don't work too hard during the early part of workout - wait until the last 1-2 minutes to push yourself if you feed good.
- Maintain your rhythm if your rate changes - avoid going too far off your target intensity.
- Try to get a feel for what rowing well is like - manage your power output and your rhythm together.
Workouts you might also like
5 x 2 Minute Power Rowing Interval Workout
Power-up with this 5 x 2 Minutes Power Rowing Interval Workout. Learn how to Pace your 500m Splits with good Rowing Form while working on Rate and Rhythm.
43 min | TR | 24 | 780View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 27 spm
2 x 20 Minute Rowing Endurance Intervals
This 2 x 20 Minute Rowing Endurance Interval workout will Improve your Aerobic Endurance Base. Build this into your Rowing Training Schedule at least once per week in the off-season.
60 min | UT1 | 23 | 1080View Workout
Total 60 min
Work 40 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
12 x 30 Stroke Rowing Machine Workout
Mix your Rowing Training with this 12 x 30 Stroke Rowing Machine Workout. Learn good Rowing Technique while working at High Intensity.
45 min | TR | 24 | 810View Workout
Total 45 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 29 spm
3 x 5 Minute TR Intensity Rowing Workout
3 x 5 Minute Oxygen Transportation Intensity Rowing Workout. Train your TR Rowing Intensity Zone to boost your ability to row near Race Pace rating 28 Strokes per Minute.
50 min | TR | 24 | 920View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 27 spm