7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout
7 Minute Pyramid Rowing Workout with a 3-1-3 minute rate change between 20 and 22 strokes per minute. This is perfect for beginners to learn rate changes.
|Rowing warm up 5 min||5:00||20|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||22|
|1 x 1 min||1:00||20|
|1 x 3 min||3:00||22|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 17 min | Work Time: 7 min | Intensity: UT2 | Strokes: 352 | Avg Rate: 21 | Work Rate: 22
- Spend the first 5 minutes warming up doing some basic rowing drills.
- Next take a short break and get ready for the workout.
- Row for 3 minutes at around 22 strokes per minute at UT2 intensity.
- Then drop your stroke rate and intensity to 20 strokes per minute for 1 minute.
- Finally raise your rate and intensity for 3 minutes back up to UT2 intensity.
- Finish off by warming down with some easy rowing.
- UT2 5 minute warp up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power and hold the rate steady at 18-20
- After 3 minutes, increase power again to near UT2 pace at 20 strokes per minute
- If you feel ready after 5 minutes, stop and get ready for the workout, otherwise continue rowing near UT2 pace for 1-2 minutes.
- Play around with your power as you change the rate. Look to see if you can increase your pace/speed when the rate goes up.
- Keep the same good rowing rhythm when the rates change. Look for a ratio of 1:2 - 1 part drive phase and 2 parts recovery phase.
- Always focus on developing and maintaining good rowing technique.
Workouts you might also like
8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes
This 8 Minute Rowing Machine Workout With Power Changes will help you gain more control over rowing power to rate ratio. Learn how to change rate and power together.
23 min | UT1/AT | 22 | 484View Workout
Total 23 min
Work 8 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners
5 Minute Rowing Machine Workout For Beginners will give you confidence for more challenging rowing workouts. Learn how to change intensity, rate and rhythm.
20 min | UT1 | 22 | 416View Workout
Total 20 min
Work 5 min
Avg Rate 23 spm
3 x 5 Minute Rowing Interval Threshold Workout
This is a great 3 x 5 Minute Rowing Interval Workout at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity. Develop high aerobic rowing power and boost your strength endurance.
50 min | AT | 24 | 890View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 15 min
Avg Rate 26 spm
5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals
Row this 5 x 2 Minute High Intensity Rowing Workout Intervals. After warming up, start with 2 minutes at 24 – 26 strokes per minute focusing on power and technique.
43 min | AT/TR | 24 | 740View Workout
Total 43 min
Work 10 min
Avg Rate 25 spm