2 x 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout
Learn to Row with this 2 x 10 Minute Rowing Machine Workout. Use the warm-up and Rowing Pace Guide to set your intensity for 10 minutes for High Aerobic Training.
|Rowing warm up 15 min||15:00||22|
|1 x 10 min||10:00||24|
|1 x 5 min||5:00||-|
|1 x 10 min||10:00||24|
|Rowing cool down 5 min||5:00||20|
Total Time: 40 min | Work Time: 20 min | Intensity: UT1/AT | Strokes: 900 | Avg Rate: 23 | Work Rate: 24
- Row for 15 minutes warming up with rowing machine drills and the warm up schedule here.
- Next take a short break and prepare for the workout.
- Row for 10 minutes at 24 strokes per minute between UT1 and Anaerobic Threshold Intensity.
- Rest for 5 minutes and aiming for the same rate and intensity.
- Finally warm down for 5 minutes easy rowin.
- AT 12-15 minute warm-up
- Start with some easy half slide strokes for 1 minute
- Go to full slide after 1 minute, rowing light at rate 18-20
- After 2 minutes, increase your power to UT2 pace hold the rate at 18-20
- After 5 minutes, go to UT1 pace.
- After 7 minutes, stop and sip some water.
- Start rowing again and row for 2 minutes at your UT1 pace.
- Next, row light for 1 minute.
- At 10 minutes, do 20 strokes at your AT pace.
- Row light for 15 strokes.
- Row hard again at AT/TR pace for 15 strokes
- Row light and if you feel ready, stop and get ready for the workout
- Otherwise, continue and do another 10 stokes at AT/TR pace followed by a short rest.
- Always focus on good rowing machine technique - even when you are tired.
- This is a hard workout - don't use all your energy in the first phase.
- Always change rate and power together.
- Get into a good flowing rhythm, moving the handle smoothly at the catch and at the finish while using your legs body and arms to power the rowing machine.
- Set your feet height in the optimum position - check the rowing machine setup] guide.
Workouts you might also like
8 x 2 Minute Interval Power Rowing Workout
Power-up with this 8 x 2 Minute Interval Power Rowing Workout. Improve your VO2 Max and Race Pace Intensity rating 26-28 at High Intensity.
55 min | TR/AN | 26 | 520View Workout
Total 55 min
Work 16 min
Avg Rate 27 spm
30 Minute Rowing Endurance Workout
Level-up with this 30 Minute Rowing Endurance Workout. Improve your UT2 Zone Endurance at rate 22 while focusing on good Rowing Technique.
40 min | UT2 | 21 | 860View Workout
Total 40 min
Work 30 min
Avg Rate 22 spm
2 x 12 Minute Rowing Tempo Workout
Power-up with this 2 x 12 Minute Rowing Tempo Workout at Anaerobic Threshold Intensity. Get ready for 2k, 5k or 6k tests with this Aerobic Engine Booster.
48 min | AT | 23 | 996View Workout
Total 48 min
Work 24 min
Avg Rate 24 spm
2 x 10 Minute High Tempo Rowing Machine Workout
Power-up with this 2 x 10 Minute High Tempo Rowing Machine Workout. Boost your Fat and Carbohydrate Burning Energy Systems while learning how to Row with good style and tempo.
50 min | AT/TR | 24 | 1050View Workout
Total 50 min
Work 20 min
Avg Rate 26 spm